Dynamic blood compatibility tests of cardiovascular medical devices
The in vitro evaluation of the blood compatibility of cardiovascular medical devices is an essential part of the development process. Flow-dependent processes such as haemolysis, platelet activation or the alteration of shear-sensitive proteins in the blood play an important role in this process.
These processes depend primarily on the geometric and physicochemical properties of the medical device, as well as the flow conditions prevailing in the vascular system at the implantation or application site.
Fraunhofer IZI-BB offers and develops dynamic test procedures for the determination of blood compatibility of cardiovascular medical devices under highly controlled shear and flow conditions.
Our range of services includes:
- the analysis of shear sensitive markers such as
- Von Willebrand factor
- the exposure of your test objects under controlled bloodstream conditions
- the development of suitable test environments for your individual questions
- Design and construction of suitable sample chambers
- Establishment of cytological and immunobiochemical assays